Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 2

Friday, November 29, 2013
Day 2
Sleep was sparse as Craig had some trouble acclimating to the elevation.  I was very anxious with thoughts of what the upcoming days would be filled with.  Filled with?  I know I should have been reveling in the fact they were going to be filled with whatever we wanted and for the most part, my plan for this retreat was to do mostly nothing.  Easier said than done but I am working on it.  I do realize it will take a day or two to get into the groove; after that I'm certain I will thoroughly enjoy our time away from our everyday life with work, home, even family.

Breakfast...traditional Arepas!  A corn tortilla with some sort of white, mozzarella like cheese and scrambled eggs like I've never had before.  It was really, really good.  Marcella and their cook, (a local paisa)  looked at me like I was "loco" when I explained I do not drink coffee.  I guess it's totally unheard of in this part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment